GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship in International Development, Agriculture and Economicsadmin
Deadline: 1 June 2020 (Annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts September 2020
The University of Reading is making available the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) Empowering Change Scholarship to students from World Bank member developing countries looking to study eligible full-time Masters programmes with the GIIDAE. Only students with excellent academic achievement will be considered.
School of Agriculture, Policy and Development at University of Reading
Level/Field(s) of study:
Eligible full-time Masters degree offered by the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE):
• MSc Agricultural Economics
• MSc Agriculture and Development
• MSc Applied International Development
• MSc Climate Change and Development
• MSc Consumer Behaviour
• MSc Communication for Development
• MSc Development Finance
• MSc Environment and Development
• MSc Food Economics and Marketing
• MSc Food Security and Development
• MRes Research Agricultural and Food Economics
• MSc Research Agriculture Ecology and Environment.
Number of Scholarships:
Students from World Bank member developing countries
Two scholarships will be awarded, each worth £10,000 each. The funds are split between £5,000 towards living expenses and £5,000 applied as a tuition reduction.
Applicants should be well-rounded students from World Bank member developing countries, who want to create socio-economic change within their countries using what they have learned through their postgraduate studies with GIIDAE.
To be considered, applicants must have an offer of a place on 1 of the eligible programmes (see above).
Those who have a conditional offer that includes English and are offered a scholarship, must demonstrate the required level of English proficiency within 1 month of being offered the Scholarship, otherwise the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
Applicants have to submit a personal statement based on their previous achievements and aspirations, and explain why they should be given this scholarship. The statement should include the following points:
• An insight into what they have achieved in the past and their goals for the future;
• How this degree will benefit them and their career in the future, including any practical way they think their studies could support their wider community;
• Previous academic achievement, including grades; and
• How their previous professional and volunteer experience qualify them for this award.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. The application deadline for the scholarship is 1 June 2020.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.reading.ac.uk/apd/pg-taught/empoweringchangescholarship.aspx