OFID Scholarship Award for International Studentsadmin
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 4 May 2018 (annual)
Study in: any Country
Course starts Aug/Sept 2018
OFID’s Scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Any accredited University/College around the world
Level/Field of Study:
Master’s Degree studies related to development: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of developing countries (except OFID member countries).
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year.
• Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
• Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
• Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
• Must be a national of a developing country, please refer to the list of eligible countries at the official website. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
• Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. To apply, you must register and fill out an application form and upload supporting documents online. The application deadline is 4 May 2018.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application portal and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ofid.org/FOCUS-AREAS/Beyond-the-scope/Scholarship-Award