Postdoctoral Research Position in Silicon Solar Cells at Sungkyunkwan University South Korea, 2020admin
Announcement about Postdoctoral Research Position in Silicon Solar Cells at Sungkyunkwan University South Korea, 2020
The College of Information and Communication Engineering at Sungkyunkwan University Natural Science Campus, South Korea (QS 2021 World Ranking #88) is seeking an applicant for Postdoctoral Research Position. Candidates must be able to operate effectively in a diverse community of students and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential.
The successful applicant will join vibrant Information and communication devices Laboratory (ICDL) research group with more than 30 team members, which are now involved in various research areas related to a highly efficient crystalline silicon solar cell such as Tunnel oxide passivated contact (TOPCon), carrier selective contact, and tandem solar cells, etc. The laboratory has all basic fabrication and characterization facilities and one of the top rank labs in the university and Korea.
Job Scope of Postdoctoral Research Position:
The successful candidate will be involved in the following:
- The development and application of advanced informatics methods applied to Tunnel oxide passivated contact (TOPCon) Solar Cells.
- This includes simulation and experimental plan generation, TOPCon solar cell fabrication, testing, results analysis.
- Research paper generation: 2-3 SCI research articles as 1st author within a 1-year time frame (Related to TOPCon solar cell or silicon solar cell).
- 3-4 SCI research articles as co-author within a 1-year time frame.
- Overseeing research of graduate students and assistance in proposal writing and program reports in addition to preparing manuscripts.
- Applicants must hold Ph.D. (earned within last three years) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Photovoltaics Engineering or Related Field from well-reputed world-ranked universities.
- Expertise in Tunnel oxide passivated contact (TOPCon) Solar Cells device fabrication, strong simulation and experimental skill, able to stand alone, and carry self-motivated research plans and proposals.
- Doctoral Degree should be earned from a well-reputed university (preferred if university QS world ranking less than 500).
- Relevant publications in international peer-reviewed journals (minimum 5).
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
Scope of Support:
- Contract period will be done for 1-year that can be extended for 1 to 3 years depending upon the progress
- A monthly salary of 2 million KRW per month and it can be increased upon better performance.
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their CV, research proposal, and research profile to Prof. Junsin Yi ([email protected]).
Advertisement will be valid until the position is not occupied.
Name of Research Group: Information and communication devices Laboratory (ICDL)
Research Group Leader: Prof. Junsin Yi
Sungkyunkwan University website: www.skku.edu
Group website: https://swb.skku.edu/ICDL/index.do