Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University_2018admin
Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University_2018
- Korean Government Scholarships at Inha University
Inha University has been selected as one of 65 esteemed universities in Korea for Korean Government Scholarship Program and makes this notice for 2018. The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship among the participating countries.
2. Inha University’s recommendation for KGSP
1) Number of students for KGSP recommendation : Max. 20 students (Max. 3 from one country)
2) Deadline of application submission : March 9 (Fri), 2018
3) Place of submission :
Jeon Ye Jin, Graduate School Office(Building #1-317), Inha University,
100, Inha-ro, Nam-gu, Incheon, South Korea (Postal code : 22212)
4) Required documents :
– Please check the attached file for detailed information about application documents.
– It is recommended to contact a prof at INHA before application submission.
If you”re appointed as his/her students, then a letter of recommendation from that professor at Inha University will be highly considered during the evaluation process for selection.
– Applicants must submit one of three types of documents about the certificate of degree;
①Apostille documents or ②Notarized by Korean consulates located in foreign countries or
③Notarized by Foreign consulates located in Korea.
– Inha University can ask applicants to submit several additional documents ((ex) resume, a letter of consent for degree verification), if it is needed.
* For detailed information about a department and contact information about a professor,
please visit http://gradeng.inha.ac.kr/program/program_020101.aspx When you click the icon of MS Word for each department, you”ll get detailed information about it.
※ All submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
※ There are two tracks to apply for GKS Korean Government Scholarship Program; one is to get recommendation from universities in Korea, and the other is to get recommendation from Korean embassy in your own country. Applicants must choose only one way of them. Applicants who submit applications to both Korean Embassy and Inha University will be disqualified immediately.
3. Selection Schedule for KGSP
1) Application deadline(Applicants → Inha University) : March 9(Fri), 2018
2) The 1st selection : March 20 ~ 26
3) Deadline for Recommendation to NIIED (Inha University → NIIED) : April 7
4) The 2nd selection : Mid-April (NIIED Selection Committee)
5) Announcement for the results of the 2nd selection : May 1
(GKS websites : www.gks.go.kr)
6) Official Physical Examination : in May
7) Announcement for fianl successful candidates : June 19
(GKS websites : www.gks.go.kr)
8) Visa issue and flight ticket purchase : From mid-June to late July
9) Entry into Korea : late August
10) Korean language course : September, 2018
* Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (included in the application form) when he/she apply for this program, and after coming to Korea an Official Medical Examination will be done by NIIED. A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) will be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
4. Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University)
① Korean language course : September 1, 2018 ~ August 31, 2019
– All scholars, unless exempted, must take one year of Korean language course in the designated
– Exemption from the Korean language course requirement: Korean proficiency at TOPIK Level 5 or 6 (with certification).
– who have surpassed TOPIK Level 5 and want to start their degree course without the Korean language course should obtain permission from NIIED in advance.
– Only who will pass at least Level 3 of TOPIK (the Test of Proficiency in Korean) are permitted to start their master’s or doctoral program.
② Degree program : September 2, 2018 ~
(Master’s program : 2 years, Ph.D program : 3 years)
* (Important) After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration.
2) Amount of Scholarship
① From Korean Government : Tuition (Less than KRW 5,000,000), Monthly allowance(KRW 900,000 per month), Research allowance(approx. KRW 200,000 per semester), Dissertation printing costs, Medical Insurance(KRW 20,000 per month), Flight tickets(Round-trip economy class ticket), etc.
② From Inha University : Entrance fee, Tuition which Korean Government cannot support(for 2 years for master, 3 years for ph.D)
5. Eligibility for Application (Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University)
1) The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenships.
* Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
2) Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep.1st,2018 (born after Sep.1st,1978).
3) Applicants who”ll held a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31, 2018 only can apply through Embassy track.
4) Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
* If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.
* If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
5) Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for an extended period of time.
6) Applicants who have Korean proficiency (TOPIK) or English proficiency (TOEFL(IBT), IELTS, TOEIC) may be given preference.
7) Applicants who apply for natural science and technology/engineering program may be given preference.
※ (Important) Applicants who have graduated in a university in Korea will be disqualified from applying to the KGSP program(But an applicant who has previously enrolled in an exchange program in Korea can apply for this program)
6. Selection Criterion for Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University_2018
1) All documents including transcript, self-introduction, study plan, recommendations, published papers and awards, etc., will be evaluated.
2) English(TOEFL(IBT), IELTS, TOEIC)/Korean(TOPIK) language proficency, Academic performances and awards, etc.
3) Nationality, Major, etc.
※ International students are allowed to apply for both Jungseok International Scholarship(organized by Inha Univerisity) and 2018 GKS-Korean Government Scholarship(organized by NIIED) simultaneously, but if they are accepted by NIIED for KGSP(Korean Government Scholarship Program), Jungseok International Scholarship will be automatically cancelled. The application period for these two program and the list of application document is different, so applicants carefully check notices about them on the homepage.
* Application for Jungseok International Scholarship: from mid-April (not fixed yet)
※ The organization which manages GKS-KGSP(Global Korea Scholarship-Korean Government Scholarship Program) is NIIED(National Institute For International Education).(http://www.niied.go.kr)
※ Please visit http://gradeng.inha.ac.kr/program/program_020101.aspx
to check detailed information of deparments(majors) and contact information of faculty members(professors).
※ Contact : Ms. Jeon, Yejin (+82-32-860-8389, [email protected])
※ Special Notices to KGSP Applicants
– All application documents must arrive at the graduate school of Inha University until March 9(Fri).
After posting your documents to Inha University, send a message to [email protected] by email.
Please use an express delivery like DHL or Fedex or UPS or TNT or EMS, etc.
※ Where to submit : Graduate School Office(#317 at the main building), Inha University,100 Inha-ro, Nam-gu, Incheon, South Korea (Postal code : 22212)
2018 정부초청외국인 대학원장학생 모집요강(영문).pdf (1.17 MB) Download: 87
2018 KGSP-G Application FAQs (ENGLISH-KOREAN).pdf (334.34 KB) Download: 1152
2018 KGSP-G Application Form.docx (146.82 KB) Download: 77
|Prev||(2018-1) Invitation for Honorable Inha Student Ambassadorshi …|
|–||2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program Guideline for Int …|
|Next||[2018 Spring] Course Registration & Enrollment for New Inter …|
We also attached Korean Government scholarahips for internaional students.
KGSP scholarship guideline for Internation students- 2018
Official website: http://gradeng.inha.ac.kr/board_notice_en/view.aspx?Seq=60481
The post Study in South Korea under Korean Government Scholarships program at Inha University_2018 appeared first on ISST Scholarships.