The Benefit of Studying English at an ELS Language Centerjhelum
As international students pursue their dreams of coming to study in the US, language is one of the most important factors they have to consider. English is one of the most difficult languages to learn, but that doesnâ€t prevent thousands of international students from taking the initiative to learn it every year. For over 50 years, ELS Language Centers have helped students like you achieve their goal, but what makes ELS Language Centers the best place to develop language skills? Here are some of the perks of studying at their centers:
Wherever you go, there will most likely be an ELS center nearby as they have over 50 language centers in the US. There are 25 states in the US with at least one ELS center, creating a satisfying variety of rural, urban, and suburban environments for international students to choose from when planning their English studies.
Whether you want to study English so you can obtain a 4-year degree at a university or you want to work abroad and need to polish your professional English skills, ELS Language Centers have a program for you. Their programs include:
- Academic English Programs – Intensive programs designed for students that want to attend a college or university. These programs teach required English skills and grant certificates upon completion.
- General English Programs – For those that want to develop their listening, speaking, reading, and colloquial conversation skills in English.
- Vacation English Programs – Courses for those who want to travel to English-speaking countries and would like to learn in a casual environment. These programs emphasize experiential learning; exposing students to aspects of US culture that may help ease them into the complexity of the English language.
- Business Communication Programs – Programs designed to help you strengthen your English proficiency for business and professional purposes.
- Youth and Young Adult Camps and Courses – A great way for young adults to travel the world, meet new people, and study English at the same time. Naturally, these programs rely on conversation and group activities.
- Testing and Test Preparation Programs – Programs that prepare you specifically for an English Proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, etc).
University partnerships and Pathway programs
Are you unsure about how to apply to a university? Are you concerned about not meeting the Universityâ€s English Proficiency Requirement? Not to worry! ELS programs are fully accommodating as they have partnerships with more than 650 universities in the United States, Australia, Canada, and more. Many schools will accept international applicants that meet their academic requirements but not their English speaking requirements under the condition that they complete an ELS Academic English or Test Preparation Program. More often than not, the university will cover the expenses of the program if the applicant is eligible for financial aid.
Still not sure where to begin?
If youâ€d like to learn more information about ELS Language Center, fill out the form! An ELS counselor will contact you in your language. You can also use our USA School Search to check out each of the various ELS Language Center locations. Good luck!