University of Perma Italy offers 130 PhD scholarships to international students_2018-19admin
The University of Perma Italy offers 130 PhD scholarships to international students_2018-19
The University holds 9 Departments, 39 First Cycle Degree Courses, 6 Single Cycle Degree Courses, 41 Second Cycle Degree Courses (5 of which entirely held in English), as well as many Postgraduate schools, Teacher Training courses, several Master Programmes and PhDs.
The ideal size of the University (25,000 students, with more than 5,000 graduates per year and about 1,700 faculty and staff members), together with the quality of life in Parma has always attracted a large number of students from all over Italy. More than two-thirds of our registered students come from outside of Parma and its Province: for this reason the University deserves top ranking for attracting the most non-resident students nationwide.
We promote knowledge creation, transfer and progress to meet the increasing demand of advanced education and research in our society.
We are a scientific community of a long tradition, made up by professors and researchers; we all work in the broader context of the international scientific community. We are an independent forward-looking community, open to the world and to the future.
We foster study as a key factor for personal development and individual enrichment. Our aim is to guide and encourage students to make the most of their capacities.
We firmly believe in scientific progress and do our best for its enhancement. We give our contribution for the improvement and welfare of our society, through the diffusion of knowledge and educational tools.
Services and Facilities
- 9 Departments conducting high-quality research and didactic activities in all scientific-disciplinary areas.
- A 77 hectare University Campus, considered as a unique example in Italy; the Campus features 4 of the 9 Departments, study areas, libraries, computer and IT laboratories, canteens and sport facilities.
- Studying opportunities abroad, thanks to a number of agreements with hundreds of international universities.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate traineeships, on-the-job training in different companies and guidance for a better integration into the professional world.
- 17 Libraries equipped with study rooms and internet access points, boasting a rich catalogue of more than a half million books. The Library system offers a number of online services accessible from home, including a digital catalogue with electronic journals, online databases and e-books.
- Computer laboratories and Wi-Fi areas in most University structures.
- Large study rooms in each University building.
- Online services to register for exams and manage the bureaucratic aspects of the studying career.
- A personal e-mail account for each student, to constantly keep in touch with UNIPR.
- The University website www.unipr.it, providing updated information and the latest news on UNIPR.
- The University Language Centre, to learn foreign languages at different levels.
- Part-time work (150 hours) in University structures
- Total or partial exemption from tuition fees, according to merit and/or economic status
- Services and support for students with disabilities and learning difficulties
- Tutor students helping other students in their academic life
- The University Choir and Orchestra, for students wishing to develop their passion for music
- Psychological counselling, to help students in difficult situations
- An online newspaper and a radio for students willing to develop their creativity in the communication field
- Top-level sport activities, courses and cutting-edge sport facilities managed by CUS Parma (University Sports Centre)
Numbers of Scholarships: 130
Scholarship annual amount: €15.343,28 for 3-years
- Evolutionary Biology and Ecology; (scholarships:9)
- Biotechnologies and Biosciences; (scholarships:7)
- Economics & management of Innovation and Sustainability; (scholarships:5)
- Physics; (scholarships:8)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture; (scholarships:6)
- Industrial Engineering; (scholarships:7)
- Molecular Medicine; (scholarships:10)
- Psychology; (scholarships:3)
- Materials Science and Technology; (scholarships:11)
- Chemical Sciences; (scholarships:7)
- Food Sciences; (scholarships:7)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomolecules and Health Products; (scholarships:6)
- Earth Sciences; (scholarships:5)
- Philological-Literary, Historical-Philosophical and Artistic Sciences; (scholarships:7)
- Juridical Sciences; (scholarships:6)
- Translational Medical and Surgical Sciences; (scholarships:10)
- Medical-Veterinary Sciences; (scholarships:5)
- Information Technologies; (scholarships:10)
Candidates have to submit online application for doctoral scholarships through the University’s online application system. Documents to be uploaded with online application are:
- Copy of a valid ID with photo
- Curriculum Vitae et studiorum
- Certificates and academic transcript of Bachelor and Masters degree
- Abstract of master’s degree thesis
- Thesis approved by their supervisor
- Proposed Research Project
- Statement or Research Interest
- Any other useful documents: Publications, awards, reference letters
Application deadline: September 04, 2018
Scholarship Link (University of Parma)
Thanks to https://www.scholarshipsgateway.com for sharing useful information.
The post University of Perma Italy offers 130 PhD scholarships to international students_2018-19 appeared first on ISST Scholarships.