UWE Bristol Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Scholarshipadmin
Deadline: 30 April 2020 (Annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept 2020
UWE Bristol is offering 3 Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences MSc Scholarships to overseas students applying to the following Masters degree programme studies commencing AY 2020/2021.
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences, UWE Bristol.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters degrees within the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences: :
• MSc Advanced Wildlife Conservation in Practice
• MRes Applied Sciences
• MSc Biomedical Science
• MSc Science Communication
• MSc Environmental Health
• MSc Health Psychology
• MSc Occupational Psychology
• MRes Social Sciences
• MSc Public Health
• MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology
• MSc Forensic Science.
Number of Scholarships:
All students classed as overseas for fees purposes.
The scholarship is worth 50% of tuition fees, for 1 academic year.
Applicants must have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st or 2:1 in an undergraduate degree and hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition. They have to be new students to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study and are be classed as overseas for fees purposes.
Sponsored students and those in receipt of another scholarship/award are not eligible.
Successful recipients will have to prove when accepting the Scholarship that they satisfy the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fee. Following graduation, recipients will be expected to be an active member of the UWE Bristol Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programmes to prospective students.
To be considered for the Scholarship, applicants will need to cover the following points in their personal statement which should accompany the programme application:
• What potential you have for outstanding performance on the programme – please note that this will be assessed both through evidence of your academic record to date and the quality of your written application.
• What potential you have to become an outstanding professional in your selected subject area, and how your work experience to date points to exceptional achievements in relation to interests outside formal education.
• How you show potential for being an effective ambassador for UWE Bristol when you return to your home country. You should show a grasp of British universities’ agenda overseas and of successful ways of influencing potential audiences.
• How you show concern for other students on your programme, evidencing contribution of a kind that is likely to enrich their experiences and not just your own.
Applications for the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences MSc scholarships can be made online by selecting the ‘Apply for this course’ option on the web page for the selected MSc programme. The application deadline is 30 April 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/feesandfunding/fundingandscholarships/internationalstudentfunding/uweinternationalscholarships/postgraduatescholarships.aspx